If you’re currently looking for your next job, then it may be worth considering completing a short-term course to help you stand out. A short term course can help you build both job-specific and transferrable skills
required to ensure you’re in-demand
when employers make their hiring decisions.
Read on to learn more about completing a short course and check out some of the short-term courses we recommend that you complete to help you land your next dream role!
How long does it take to complete a short-term course?
Short-term courses are an excellent way to gain job-relevant skills in a short timeframe. They typically range from a few weeks to a few months in length, giving you the chance to focus on what skills you really want to learn. Certificates, diplomas and degrees are often longer-term commitments, so a short-term course can help you upskill in your current industry or pivot to another industry in months, rather than years.
What are the benefits of short-term courses?
Upskilled provides a range of online short-term courses in a range of industries. Short-term courses give you the ability to gain new skills and experiences in a brief timeframe that you can then take into the workforce.
Longer-term courses may require you to engage in a lot of theory, depending on your industry; whereas short-term courses allow you to upgrade your skillset with precision.
Some of the benefits of completing short-term courses with Upskilled include:
- Short-term courses provide personal and professional growth
- Short-term courses don’t require long-term commitments
- Short-term courses allow you to continue to deal with other commitments
- Short-term courses give you the ability to learn at your own pace
- Short-term courses can level up your resume/CV
- If you’re an employer or lead a team, a short-term course can help prove that you’re invested in the growth of your employees
Short-term courses are also very useful if you want to get yourself to the top of the pile when applying for your dream career, especially if it’s a competitive field. Employers are always looking for someone that is self-driven and proactive, and showing that you have the drive to improve yourself through short-term courses is one of the best ways to show that you’re committed to your long-term future in the world of work.
Read on to learn more about some of the short-term courses that can help you get a job in Australia!
5 short-term courses that can help you land a job in Australia
We’ve selected some short-term courses that can help you land a job in Australia. These courses are focused on the worlds of business and marketing, as these are industries currently growing in Australia. However, Upskilled also offers short courses in administration, community services and information technology!
Five courses that we recommend looking into to give yourself an advantage in the world of work include:
- SMC-ESSENTIALS - Short Course in Social Media Essentials – This short course is beneficial if you’re looking to learn how to build a comprehensive social media marketing strategy that can turn followers into leads and customers.
- Short course: Introduction to Leadership & Management – Interested in expanding your leadership skillset? This short course will help you learn how to effectively lead a team and improve the communication that takes place in your workplace.
- Short Course in Basic Cyber Security Awareness – The cyber security industry is rapidly expanding as more businesses move online. Be part of an industry that is constantly changing and learn how to identify and neutralise online threats and security breaches.
- Short Course in Personal Branding – If you’re running your own business, or you’re an entrepreneur, then this course can teach you how to use social media to boost your profile. Make sure the world knows about all the wonderful things you’re achieving by amplifying your messages online!
- Short Course in Social Media Marketing – The world of social media is constantly changing. Sharpen your social media marketing skills and learn more about content marketing, campaign optimisation and advertising by completing this focused and practical short course!
How to enrol in a short-term course
Enrolling in one of Upskilled’s short-term courses is easy. Once you’ve found the course you’re interested in, you’ll need to submit an enquiry form that includes your contact details, personal details and information about where you’re at in your career and what you’re looking for from a short-term course.
Once you’ve submitted that form, one of our education consultants will be in touch within 48 hours to learn more about yourself and your study plans, so we can get you ready to enrol. From there, you’ll be asked to complete an enrolment form so you can start your Upskilled journey. All that’s left is to complete the short course so you can walk away with newly learned practical and useful skills!
If you’re thinking about completing a short-term course, or you want to learn more about studying online, then Upskilled is here to help. Upskilled provides a range of nationally recognised qualifications in a variety of fields and industries to help you take the next step in your career. Learn more about Upskilled’s courses by visiting our website here!