As tax time rolls around, it’s nice to wonder about what you will do with the extra income. Have you thought about putting your tax refund
towards your education? Studying a certificate, degree or diploma can help you gain better career prospects and lead to a job you love.
With the development of technology and establishment of online education, studying has become much more convenient
. Using your tax refund towards online study means that you are able to balance your working life, while picking up new skills.
We provide you with five benefits of using your tax refund for your education, as well as an overview of online education and how it works.
Why should you use your tax refund for your education?
- Online study can give you a boost with your career: Enrolling in online education can help you gain more skills to advance in your career and lead to a better income.
- It saves you money in the long run: A perk of paying your course fees upfront is that you may have the opportunity to get a discount. At Upskilled, those who pay their course fees upfront for their qualification can receive a discount of 15%.
- It gives you the chance to try something new: Have you ever desired to change your career direction and try something new? With your tax refund, you can pick up a course and get started in a different industry.
- Stand out from the crowd: Putting your tax refund towards your study means that you can pick up new skills that can make you more employable and help you stand out from the crowd.
- Online study is a great investment for your future: Invest in your future career with your tax refund. The extra income can put you through a course that helps you gain new skills, have better employability prospects and advance your career.
How does online education work?
is a mode of education that is alternative from traditional in-person study. You can learn from anywhere in the world and at anytime, without compromising the quality of your education.
Online education can be taught through interactive learning programs, videos, online lectures and readings. All you need is a computer, stable internet and a study space. At Upskilled,
there is plenty of support available, 24/7. Progress is tracked by industry-leading trainers, all materials are provided, and you can complete a nationally-recognised qualification – just like you would in-person.
Is online education better than traditional education?
An online education is different from traditional education because everything is done remotely.
Whilst some may think this can have an impact on the quality of the course, the study material, teaching and support is just as engaging and educational.
Online education provides students with the freedom
to study at their own pace from anywhere in the world. It is a convenient way to study for those juggling busy lifestyles.
What are the best courses to take online?
There are plenty of online courses
out there. But how does one decide? At Upskilled, there are plenty of courses that suit everyone’s interests. Our courses are designed for online study, providing the best education for students to develop practical skills and progress in their career.
Here are some popular online courses offered by Upskilled.
10904NAT - Diploma of Social Media Marketing
Want to have an extra edge in the marketing world? The 10904NAT - Diploma of Social Media Marketing
is a super beneficial course for those already working in the marketing/media sphere who want to pick up some extra skills.
This highly practical course can provide you with the tools to run social media
campaigns and develop skills in project management and content marketing.
CHC51015 - Diploma of Counselling
A CHC51015 - Diploma of Counselling
is a great course for those stepping into the Australian community services
sector, giving students the ability to foster therapeutic relationships with people in vulnerable situations.
Although studied online, this course offers heaps of practical elements to help students feel job ready. This includes role-play simulations, as well as support and advice from qualified trainers.
BSB41419 - Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
Looking to develop further in your career? A BSB41419 - Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
is a good first step for people aspiring to work in WH&S
roles, and as risk assessors and supervisors.
ICT30120 - Certificate III in Information Technology
Want to dip your toes into a tech career, but don’t know where to start? The ICT30120 - Certificate III in Information Technology
is perfect for you. This course teaches students the foundational skills to get a job in the IT industry.
What are the benefits of online education?
Online education gives you the same support and materials that you would receive in traditional study programs – with a few more perks. It's a great mode of study for people who have other work/study commitments or are just looking for a convenient study style
Online education allows you to:
- study around your work schedule
- access your course from wherever you want and whenever you want (no travel commutes!)
- get qualified, helping you keep your work/life balance
At Upskilled, you also have the flexibility to study at your own pace to suit your lifestyle.
Make the most of your tax refund with an online course
There are heaps of benefits of using your tax refund towards your education. At Upskilled, we offer a variety of courses
that suit your interests and needs. So, what are you waiting for? Enrol in one of our many courses today.
Ashleigh (she/her) is a freelance writer with an interest in topics relating to being culturally and linguistically diverse and part of the LGBTQ+ community.
She is experienced in public relations, digital marketing and social media, and has worked within the arts, education and not-for-profit sectors.
Ashleigh is passionate about working with under-represented groups and looks forward to creating content that is inspiring and educational for all communities.