This dual leadership and business course will train you in the key areas of operational planning, business finance, reporting, WHS, communications and leadership and management. It includes highly involved management topics such as emerging business opportunities and organisational change. These are integrated with business-focused subjects including information management, strategic planning, and human resource management. The result is a comprehensive offering that develops working expertise across both of these complementary disciplines.
These qualifications include highly involved management topics such as emerging business opportunities and organisational change. These are integrated with business-focused subjects including information management, strategic planning, and human resource management. The result is a comprehensive offering that develops working expertise across both of these complementary disciplines.
The standard course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
Students will need access to a modern computer and reliable internet, and have basic computing skills. A Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment may be required before enrolment can be confirmed.
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification may include:
- Demonstrated vocational experience in a range of business work environments. Applicants should have at least two years of relevant work experience and provide at least two business referees to verify employment and tasks undertaken.
- Successful completion of a BSB50215 - Diploma of Business or a Diploma in a related field of study
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- online tutorials
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.