Through a mix of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer-developed materials, students will be introduced to Windows computer literacy, digital literacy, and social networking at a foundational level. Specific areas covered will include word processing, the internet, e-commerce, digital devices, and creating presentations. Once qualified, students will be able to find employment opportunities in support roles across a wide range of varying industry occupations.
This course uses a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer-developed materials.
The standard course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
||Vendor Neutral Courses
- MOS: Microsoft Office Word
- MOS: Microsoft Office PowerPoint
- Computer Literacy for Windows
- Digital Literacy - Computer
- Productivity Programs
- Digital Literacy - The internet and the World Wide Web
- Computer Security and Privacy
- Digital Lifestyles
- Effective Listening
- Create an Effective Resume
- Using Social Networking to Connect with the World
- Word Processing
- The Internet
- Buying Online
- Digital Devices
- Create Presentation
- Productivity Tools
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification.
The qualification provides foundation general computing and employment skills that enable participation in an information technology environment in any industry. Small to medium enterprises (SMEs) will find the contents of this qualification useful at an ICT user level and is suitable to anyone who wishes to increase their digital literacy.
In its own right such a qualification could equip an individual to undertake roles such as office assistant or to work in records management at a junior level; however, its usefulness is most likely to be found in supplementing functions in roles prevalent in other industries.
Participants will complete an interview process with a designated Upskilled representative to ascertain suitability to the program and to review your current skills and experience, as this may allow you to move through the course more quickly.
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills, and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.