Subsidies are provided for select qualifications and priority areas of skills needed in the Queensland workforce. Subsidies provide as much as three quarters off course fees in some instances.
The Certificate 3 Guarantee provides Queenslanders with access to government subsidised training places, up to and including their first certificate III level qualification in priority training areas. To help students who may need to develop skills before undertaking a Certificate III course, the Certificate 3 Guarantee covers foundation skills training including language, literacy and numeracy as well as certificate I and II qualifications that lead to Certificate III iterations of qualifications.
The Higher Level Skills program provides eligible students to subsidised training in selected certificate IV and higher qualifications that have been identified as priority areas. The aim is to assist students, and the broader Queensland workforce, to gain the higher-level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in priority industries and progress the output of Queensland workers.
You are eligible for either scheme if you:
- An Australian citizen, permanent resident, or NZ passport holder resident for more than 6 months;
- Living or working in the QLD, and;
- At least 15 years of age, and;
- Not enrolled in or attending secondary school;
- Other Eligibility criteria may apply
Some of the Upskilled courses that are eligible for subsidies include:
- Diploma of Information Technology Networking
- Diploma of Database Design and Development
- Diploma of Software Development
- Certificate III in Business
- Certificate III in Business Administration
- Certificate III in Customer Engagement
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
Find out now if you're eligible, here.