The Certificate IV in Systems Analysis and Design addresses the knowledge and skills that individuals require to work within project teams engaged in the analysis and redesign of existing systems to answer changing client business requirements.
Sounds just like the course you're after? Speak with a career consultant to discover what it's like to study the Certificate IV in Systems Analysis and Design (ICT40715) – send us an enquiry and we'll get in touch.
This program has been created with a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer developed materials. Vendor training is recognised internationally as an industry benchmark for product specific training. Upskilled uses an online Learning Management System to manage the delivery and assessment of learning resources. The program is conducted over a 12 month period through a blended learning approach of teacher-led workshops or webinars, distance education, and online materials.
- MTA: Database – Database Fundamentals
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014 – Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014; and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 Databases; and Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014
Vendor Neutral Courses
- Writing Research Papers
- Windows Server 2012R2 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012: Installation and Configuration
- Introduction to Copyright
- Ethics in Leadership
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- Business Writing Fundamentals
- Introduction to Software Testing
- Project Management
- Leadership Foundations
- ITIL Foundations
- Developing and Presenting Ideas
- Getting Your Point Across
- Introduction to Database Concepts
- Introduction to SQL Server
- Copyright, Ethics, Privacy
- Business Needs Analysis
- Translate Business Needs
- Enterprise Strategic Direction
- Writing Technical Documentation
- Environmental Procedures in the Workplace
- Introduction to Project Management Principles
- Project Integration
- Leader Types
- Managing Stakeholders
- Service Desk Analyst
- The ITIL Framework
- Articulate and Present Ideas
* Vendor exams are not included in the Upskilled course
Pathways into the qualification
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- After achieving ICT30115 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology, or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICT30115 OR
- With demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments in an Information Technology support role
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Participants often come with experience in one or more ICT competencies, vocationally acquired from a range of sources (both formal and otherwise). Upskilled acknowledges the validity of such experience and encourages candidates to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning where applicable. Upskilled's RPL Calculator is a guide to initial RPL standing, although participants are sometimes entitled to further RPL as enrolment progresses.
Assessment is summative and formative with set assignments, project work, and questionnaires.
Upskilled Information Technology courses include detailed learning materials, assessments, online trainer support and upon successful completion, certification for ICT40715 Certificate IV in Systems Analysis and Design.
IT students also have access to the Lynda.com and Pluralsight.com online training library. These provide a comprehensive online video training library delivered by those in the industry. The content is accessible 24/7 so you can study and further your skills whenever it suits you.
This qualification utilises many and varied types of learning materials and assessments. These resources are managed and provided through Upskilled’s Learning Management System, MyUpskilled. Access to a Personal Computer and an internet connection is required to complete any Upskilled IT qualification.
The online e-Learning course addresses the following units of competency from the National ICT Information and Communications Technology Training Package. All competencies must be successfully completed to attain the certificate.
The program is broken into 4 logical clusters of training within the broad category of ICT systems: 1/ Core Infrastructure; 2/ Continuity & Security; 3/ Continuous Improvement; and 4/ Service Delivery & Governance
|ICTICT418||Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment|
|ICTICT403||Apply software development methodologies|
|ICTICT401||Determine and confirm client business requirements|
|ICTSAD401||Develop and present feasibility reports|
|ICTICT405||Develop detailed technical design|
|BSBSUS401||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|ICTICT402||Determine project specifications and secure client agreement|
|ICTDBS401||Identify physical database requirements|
|ICTICT408||Create technical documentation|
|ICTPMG401||Support small scale ICT projects|
|ICTICT412||Coordinate and maintain ICT work teams|
|ICTDBS502||Design a database|
|ICTICT416||Contribute to the development of strategic plans|
|ICTDBS402||Complete database backup and restore|
|BSBCRT401||Articulate, present and debate ideas|
|ICTPRG412||Configure and maintain databases|
|BSBWOR301||Organise personal work priorities and development|
|ICTDBS412||Build a database|
|ICTICT413||Relate to clients on a business level|
|ICTICT411||Select and employ software and hardware testing tools|
The qualification is designed to provide individuals with the basic technical skills required by junior systems analysis and design positions.
Possible job titles include:
- Information Technology Support Analyst
- Information Technology Designer
- Systems Support Analyst
- System Designer
- Operational Support Analyst
- Technical Support Analyst
This qualification covers the learning content for the following Vendor Certification:
MTA: Database Fundamentals
MCSA: SQL Server 2012
All recommended learning materials for these certifications are provided in this Upskilled Diploma, Microsoft Learning also recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product along with studying these materials.
Pathways from this qualification include:
* Vendor Certifications are current at the time of publishing but are subject to change.
Flexible Payment Options
Upskilled offers three flexible payment options for our students. Enquire now for more information on payment methods and government funding.
Save 15% ($580) when paying upfront through Upskilled.
Total course cost: $3,270
Interest free payments
No deposit, no interest to pay for 24 months with ZipMoney. Get started for just $38 a week.
Total course cost: $3,850
No government funding available