Many Australian organisational managers now believe that human resources capability ranks as a core skill at virtually every level of business. HR has grown and changed over the generations, and understanding best practice is essential to work in a human resources role. You will learn how to implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs and how to foster effective workplace communication and relationships. This certificate will prepare you to work in a range of HR roles, and give you core, essential skills.
The standard course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
12-Month free AHRI Membership for Upskilled students
Upskilled students who enrol in this qualification will be eligible for a free 12-month AHRI Student Membership, and will enjoy the following benefits:
- Access to the online AHRI: ASSIST resources includes HR templates, procedures and manuals
- GetAbstract Business Book summaries
- Access to Gartner Publications hosted on the AHRI website (includes HRBP Quarterly, Global Talent Monitor, CHRO Quarterly & Talent Analytics Quarterly)
- E-HR news periodicals
- Free attendance to most AHRI network forums
- Member discount offers for AHRI events and education
- Access to apply for the AHRI mentoring program
Speak to an Education Consultant today for more information on AHRI student membership.
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.