This qualification will suit you if you're naturally a people-person and genuinely have an interest in employee relations and learning and development. This course can help you enter the HR field, equipping you with the skills and knowledge needed to support a team or organisation within an HR capacity. You could also be in the following job roles and are looking to upskill:
- Human Resource Officer
- Human Resource Assistant
- Human Resource Coordinator
- Payroll Officer
This qualification can also supplement your knowledge if you work with HR related aspects in your role or you may have additional responsibilities with an HR focus.
You'll come across topics like developing and using emotional intelligence, supporting employee and industrial relations, and administering performance development processes.
This qualification comprises units that can help you prepare for entry-level roles in HR, either as a Human Resources Officer or Human Resources Assistant.
If you enjoy working with people and desire to work in a corporate/office setting where your people skills are put to use, this qualification can provide you with the training needed to carry out HR responsibilities with confidence.
In this course, you'll learn to:
- Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- Lead effective workplace relationships
- Support human resources functions and processes
- Support the learning and development of teams and individuals
Other personal skills you may learn along the way include:
- Develop strong communication skills
- Conflict resolution
- Cultural sensitivity
- Analytical skills
Work in a simulated workplace
By studying with Upskilled, you'll get the opportunity to undertake tasks and/or assessments that are related to a workplace environment.
With online learning, we want you to develop some "work-ready" skills that complement well with the theory components of your course.
A simulated workplace allows you to undertake practical assessments that help you put your skills into practice. The simulated workplace can be accessed through our customised learning platform, MyUpskilled.
By choosing Upskilled, you will gain access to supplementary resources that can help with your studies. These inclusions aim to enhance your online learning experience, making it interactive and engaging. These include:
- Access to Upskilled's customised learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support Team
- Specialist trainers
- Online tutorials
- video content access via:
Show Off Your Achievements with Upskilled Digital Credentials!
Students who successfully complete their qualification receive a digital badge from Upskilled to display on LinkedIn and other social media platforms, your resume and more. Our sharable badges are portable, verifiable credentials that validate your knowledge, skills and experience in the area of your studies.
Since you worked hard to earn it - why not show everyone your accomplishments?
Free student membership with AHRI
Upskilled students who enrol in either a certificate or diploma-level qualification in human resources will benefit from a complimentary 12-month student membership with the Australian HR institute (AHRI).
The AHRI is a national association representing 20,000 members from Australia and across the globe - specifically those working as human resource and people management professionals.
There are plenty of benefits that come with an AHRI student membership. These include:
- Networking and events: You'll have opportunities where you can network with those already in the industry. This means having access to exclusive forums, conferences and national events where you can connect with like-minded professionals. Student members get special discounted rates to attend networking events.
- Access to HR resources and research: You'll keep updated with the latest news, opinion and research with HRM magazine, Gartner publications and the Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources. These resources can provide additional support towards your studies. You'll also gain access to exclusive content like checklists, guidelines and policy templates.
- Opportunity to join the AHRI mentoring program: You can gain access to the AHRI nine-month mentoring program where you're assigned a mentor who can provide guidance and support needed to land your first HR job or help with your studies.
- Professional development: You'll have the opportunity to do further study with an AHRI student membership. This means you can gain extra merit as an aspiring HR professional with access to short courses, elearning, webinars and in-house training at a special discounted rate.
- Access to exclusive LinkedIn group: As a student member, you'll get to join the AHRI Members Lounge - an exclusive LinkedIn group where you get to see online discussions from HR professionals around Australia.
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details.
After enrolment, you can download the application from MyUpskilled, or on request from Student Support. A trainer will be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT.
This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio, and participate in role-playing scenarios. You'll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice.