Dive into one of the fastest-growing industries of Australia with our training that will teach you to manage critical retail tasks such as maintaining store security, achieving sales results, developing positive employee relations, stock control, and exerting strong leadership skills. The course consists of a total of 11 units to complete and can lead to opportunities in managerial roles within the retail field.
The standard course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who:
have achieved a SIR30216 - Certificate III in Retail
have relevant industry employment experience in a job role that has involved the application of skills and knowledge described in core units of competency from the SIR30216 - Certificate III in Retail.
The target participants in the SIR40316 - Certificate IV in Retail Management qualification may be new to the industry or may have personal or vocational experience in the industry with a desire to gain a supervisory role.
As a guide, entrants to this program may:
- have completed year 11 or 12 in compulsory education
- have some work history in a related field
- complete an interview process with a designated Upskilled representative to ascertain suitability to the program and to review your current skills and experience, as this may allow you to move through the course more quickly
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who lead a frontline team and manage day-to-day operations of a retail store or department to implement and deliver on organisational objectives and standards. These individuals possess a range of highly developed selling and customer engagement skills with sound knowledge of product and service offerings. They work with independence, taking responsibility for their own functions and outputs.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a diverse range of retail settings including speciality retailers, supermarkets, department stores, and quick service restaurants.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles such as store manager, department manager and assistant store manager.
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills, and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.