Find out how to co-ordinate events, organise functions and run end-to-end operations; while gaining event management experience for both small and large events. You will learn how to apply event management processes, gain skills in project management, and ensure the smooth conduction of corporate, personal, staging, professional and other types of events.
The standard course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
There are no entry requirements listed in the training package for this qualification.
The target participants in the SIT50316 - Diploma of Event Management qualification may be candidates working in the events or related industry or have a desire to work in event management.
As a guide, entrants to this program may:
- have completed year 11 or 12 in compulsory education
- have some work history in a related field
- have some volunteer history in community or school events
- complete an interview process with a designated Upskilled representative to ascertain suitability to the program and to review your current skills and experience, as this may allow you to move through the course more quickly
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who use a broad range of event-related skills and sound knowledge of event management processes to coordinate event operations. They operate independently and make operational event management decisions.
Events are diverse in nature and this qualification provides a pathway to work for event or exhibition organisations operating in a range of industries, including the tourism and travel, hospitality, sport, cultural, and community sectors.
The diversity of employers includes event or exhibition management companies, event venues, or organisations that organise their own events. Work could be undertaken in an office environment where the planning of events takes place, on-site at venues where events are staged or a combination of both.
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills, and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- online tutorials
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- demonstration of skill
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance online if required.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Temporary suspension of Upskilled's 60-Day Work Placement Guarantee during COVID-19. For more information, please read our latest update.
This qualification requires students to undertake work placement in an approved setting. Students are responsible for finding work placement, however, if they are experiencing difficulty in securing a place, support from Upskilled is available.