This comprehensive diploma will teach you how to manage diverse lending portfolios; including commercial, plant and equipment loans. In addition to this, you’ll learn essential business management skills relating to local area marketing and risk management. On top of the fundamentals, this nationally recognised diploma covers how to build and retain a client base, along with the key elements of business management and growth planning.
The course material covers finance and mortgage fundamentals including:
- Prepare loan applications on behalf of finance or mortgage broking clients
- Present broking options to clients
- Implement complex loan structures
- Comply with financial services legislation and industry codes of practice
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures
- Settle applications and loan arrangements in the finance and mortgage broking industry
The standard course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
There are no entry requirements listed in the training package for this qualification.
The target participants in the FNS50315 - Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management qualification may be working in the finance industry.
As a guide, entrants to this program may:
- have 1-2 years finance industry experience
- hold a certificate III or IV in a similar discipline
- complete an interview process with a designated Upskilled representative to ascertain suitability to the program and to review your current skills and experience, as this may allow you to move through the course more quickly
This qualification reflects management roles in finance and mortgage broking where work is undertaken independently, through an aggregator, or involves managing a workplace team. At this level individuals are expected to apply theoretical knowledge and specialised skills in a range of situations and to display initiative and judgement in planning activities. They have autonomy in performing complex technical operations and may be responsible for the work of others within broad but generally well-defined parameters.
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills, and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.