This qualification could help you plan a career in a community services role that specialises in helping people deal with their drug and alcohol issues. It will will give you skills to deal with clients who are facing problems with getting their lives back on track. Your work in this area would be a fulfilling contribution to your community.
Sounds just like the course you're after? Speak with a career consultant to discover what it's like to study the Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs (CHC43215) – send us an enquiry and we'll get in touch.
This certificate will focus on the two main areas of demand in the alcohol and other drugs sector: outreach work and community work. Gain skills to begin a career where your specialised knowledge will be relevant and transferable across a variety of community services settings such as community services, mental health and youth work.
Work is carried out autonomously under the broad guidance of other practitioners and professionals.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 80 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency.
- Access to fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Access to the Student Support Services (Helpdesk) where students can receive support and assistance in the use of MyUpskilled as well as any administration enquiries
- Course material - A text book will be supplied for the course. Other support eLearning materials and instructor created materials will make up the learning content of the course.
- Regular contact with their trainer via email, telephone and/or MyUpskilled communication tools
- Trainer/Student Messaging System
- Webinars - both live and recorded sessions
- Access to world leading video training provider Clickview and Lynda.com
- Access to Upskilled's Student Rewards Program
To achieve this qualification, students are required to complete at least 80 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Applicants are expected to source a service suitable in their area. Support can be given upon request, where Upskilled will in its best endeavour, assist applicants to gain appropriate work experience.
This course is delivered online over a period of 12 months.
Graduates receive the award CHC43215 Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however Upskilled will assess a students’ academic suitability to ensure the student has the best chance of success.
- Organisations within the disability services industry require a Criminal Record Check and some states will require additional suitability checks, dependent upon employer prior to undertaking work experience.
- A Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment will be required before enrolment can be confirmed in this course.
- For those currently working in the industry, a workplace supervisor or manager may be requested to provide evidence of support towards the participants’ competency in the units/qualification. Third Party Reports or observations may be required to be completed as advised by the participants’ assessor.
Students will be required to have regular access to a computer and internet access to complete this course.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Recognition of Current Competencies (RCC) options are also available for students on request and assistance will be provided to determine eligibility. Each student requesting RPL will be interviewed and they should provide a portfolio of evidence to support their application and may be assessed on the job. On the job assessments can be conducted to assess current skills and knowledge.
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid|
|CHCMHS001||Work with people with mental health issues|
|CHCCCS004||Assess co-existing needs|
|CHCPRP001||Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships|
|CHCAOD006||Provide interventions for people with alcohol and other drugs issues|
|CHCAOD009||Develop and review individual alcohol and other drugs treatment plans|
|CHCCCS014||Provide brief interventions|
|CHCAOD004||Assess needs of clients with alcohol and other drugs issues|
|CHCCOM002||Use communication to build relationships|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|CHCAOD001||Work in an alcohol and other drugs context|
|HLTWHS006||Manage personal stressors in the work environment|
|CHCMHS002||Establish self-directed recovery relationships|
|CHCCCS019||Recognise and respond to crisis situations|
|CHCMHS005||Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification are not limited to but may include:
- Accommodation support worker
- Community support worker
- Residential care worker
- Disability service officer
- Support worker
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Mental Health Peer Support
Flexible Payment Options
Upskilled offers three flexible payment options for our students. Enquire now for more information on payment methods and government funding.
Save 15% ($580) when paying upfront through Upskilled.
Total course cost: $3,270
Interest free payments
No deposit, no interest to pay for 24 months with ZipMoney. Get started for just $38 a week.
Total course cost: $3,850
No government funding available