Embrace a rewarding career as a counsellor– a chance to make a meaningful and positive difference to people’s lives as well as a valuable contribution to society. The CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling offers participants a career that could see them giving back as much as they get and an opportunity to better their community or other's communities.
This course covers 17 units of competency
This course is delivered online
Locations & Dates
Start when you're ready
This qualification offers a practical and theoretical foundation for effective counselling. It provides you with training and experience that will enable you to work in either an agency or private practice. During the course, you’ll learn empathy and rapport building as you develop the micro-skills that every counsellor needs to create a fruitful therapeutic relationship with their clients.
As a counsellor you may perform such tasks as:
- Mediate in conflict resolution sessions
- Facilitating group sessions
- Find solutions to mental, lifestyle and emotional problems of your clients
- Work with other medical practitioners as part of a health management team
Online Learning offers participants a unique combination of e-learning methodologies that are fully supported and highly integrated:
- Study when it suits – with no set class timetable, you can study when and where you like, tailoring your education to suit lifestyle, family, and employment commitments
- Course Material - Have all your textbooks sent directly to you and have your mentor choose and deliver other tailored educational material in both hard copy and electronic form
- Structured learning – regular timed intakes mean you can look forward to a structured learning environment. This ensures continuous progression via the benefits of flexible Online Learning
- Full access to resources – detailed course materials, student email, forums, live chat, podcasts, recorded lectures, quizzes and assessments, links to external resource materials and videos.
- Access to Upskilled's Student Rewards Program
This course is delivered over a period of two years.
As part of your course you are required to have access to a Counselling environment for some practical assessment tasks.
Graduates receive the award CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling.
To gain entry into CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling it is recommended that candidates have sufficient relevant work experience to indicate likely success at this level of qualification in a job role involving:
- The self-directed application of knowledge with substantial depth in some areas
- The exercise of independent judgement and decision-making
- The application of relevant technical and other skills.
Students will be required to have regular access to a computer and internet access to complete this course.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Recognition of Current Competencies (RCC) options are also available for students on request and assistance will be provided to determine eligibility. Each student requesting RPL will be interviewed and they should provide a portfolio of evidence to support their application and may be assessed on the job. On the job assessments can be conducted to assess current skills and knowledge.
All units must be successfully completed to attain the Diploma.
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCCSL006||Select and use counselling therapies|
|CHCCSL007||Support counselling clients in decision-making processes|
|CHCCSL002||Apply specialist interpersonal and counselling interview skills|
|CHCCSM005||Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management|
|CHCCSL004||Research and apply personality and development theories|
|CHCDIV002||Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety|
|CHCCCS019||Recognise and respond to crisis situations|
|CHCCSL003||Facilitate the counselling relationship and process|
|CHCCSL005||Apply learning theories in counselling|
|CHCCSL001||Establish and confirm the counselling relationship|
|CHCFAM003||Support people to improve relationships|
|CHCCCS014||Provide brief interventions|
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCCCS003||Increase the safety of individuals at risk of suicide|
After completing this course, you could pursue a career as a:
- Intake Worker
- Family Advisor
- Support Worker
- Family Support Worker
- Careers Counsellor
- Drug and Alcohol Counsellor
- Family and Marriage Counsellor
- Rehabilitation Counsellor
- Student Counsellor
Price and Payment Options
Option 1 – Save 15%
Save 15% ($895) when paying upfront. Total course cost: $5,055
Option 2 - 24 Month Interest-free payment plan
No deposit, no interest to pay for 24 months. Get started for just $57 a week! Total course cost: $5,950
Upskilled has teamed up with zipMoney to offer you flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly interest free payment plans, allowing you start studying now without the financial burden! Applications for Zip Money literally only take a few minutes! Find out more about ZipMoney.
Terms and Conditions Apply