Upskilled has combined courses to create this dual diploma to meet the needs and demands of students who want to take their leadership role to the next level. Designed to be studied completely online, this dual diploma gives you skills that are transferable to many types of leadership roles, in the convenience of an online, self-paced format. Gain knowledge in project work, managing work priorities, leading teams, and facilitating recruitment and operational policies and procedures.
This packaged course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses our online learning platform, MyUpskilled, to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
There are no entry requirements listed in the training package for the BSB50215 - Diploma of Business or for the BSB51918 - Diploma of Leadership and Management qualifications.
The target participants in these qualifications may be currently working at a business in a leadership, supervisory or management role, or may be wishing to extend their business skills base to leadership and management.
As a guide, entrants to this program may:
- have 1-2 years of experience in business
- hold a certificate III or IV in a similar discipline
- complete an interview process with a designated Upskilled representative to ascertain suitability to the program and to review your current skills and experience, as this may allow you to move through the course more quickly
These qualifications would apply to individuals in various business roles who may possess substantial experience in a range of settings, but seek to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions. These qualifications will also benefit individuals who seek to apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements. They will also plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills, and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- online tutorials
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.