Students will focus on both the administration and management of ICT support and the administration of networked computer systems. Specific areas such as virtualisation, network security, and sustainability will be covered, along with the fundamentals of project management, ICT business needs, disaster recovery, and business analysis. This combination course will be conducted over a 12 month period, through a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer developed materials.
This package course uses a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer-developed materials, and is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
||Vendor Neutral Courses
- MTA: Developer – HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
- MCSA: Windows client – Installing and Configuring Windows client; and Configuring Windows Devices
- MCSA: Windows Server – Installing and Configuring Windows Server; and Administering Windows Server; and Configuring Windows Server
- MCSE: Mobility - MCSA: Windows client plus Deploying Windows Desktop and Enterprise Applications
- LinkedIn Learning – Windows Server
- LinkedIn Learning – IT Security
- LinkedIn Learning – Windows Server Power
- LinkedIn Learning – ITIL Foundations
- LinkedIn Learning – Researching
- LinkedIn Learning – Project Management
- LinkedIn Learning – Business Analysis
- Business Needs
- Disaster Recovery
- Network Attached Storage
- SOHO Routers/Wireless
- IT Governance
* Vendor exams are not included in the Upskilled course
There are no specific entry requirements for these qualifications.
The target audience for this program are individuals who express and interest in gaining higher knowledge in ICT or existing ICT staff who wish to further develop, or formalise their skills by gaining the ICT50118 - Diploma of IT and ICT50318 - IT Systems Administration dual diplomas.
As a guide, entrants to this program may:
- have 1-2 years of experience with ICT products
- hold a certificate III or IV in a similar discipline
- hold a premier vendor certification
- complete an interview process with a designated Upskilled representative to ascertain suitability to the program and to review your current skills and experience, as this may allow you to move through the course more quickly
This program would also suit participants wishing to gain entry to higher level ICT discipline qualifications or employment at level 3 Support.
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills, and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Rewards Program
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- online tutorials
- video content access via:
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.