The Diploma of Event Management delivers the training and knowledge around how to co-ordinate events, functions and operations that you can easily transfer into real world events. Students learn how to apply event management processes, project management practices and ensure the smooth conduction of small and large-scale events.
- Access to fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Access to the Student Support Services (Help desk) where students can receive support and assistance in the use of the LMS as well as any administration enquiries
- Regular contact with their trainer via email, telephone and/or LMS communication tools
- Trainer/Student Messaging System
- Unlimited access to world leading video training provider Lynda.com
- Access to Upskilled's Student Rewards Program
The online training program is our most popular delivery method and provides access to a fully customised e-learning environment, MyUpskilled. MyUpskilled includes powerpoint resources, reading materials, discussion boards, forums, access to assessments, resources, videos (including access to the Lynda.com video training library) and blogs. The course is conducted over a 12 month period with an expectation of submitting assessments each month.
Classroom and Blended delivery formats are also available, but subject to minimum numbers. Please contact our Education managers to find out more about our face-to-face options.
The Diploma of Event Management is suited to participants who possess a sufficient grasp of the English language, adequate levels of intelligence, and appropriate attitude and motivation to enable them to undertake the demands of a Diploma level qualification.
- English language proficiency (Year 12 English or equivalent); OR
- Obtain a Certificate IV before enrolling in a Diploma level qualification, OR
- Demonstrate appropriate academic standing or workplace experience for the chosen qualification
This Diploma of Events is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship pathway.
It is strongly recommended that those entering this qualification possess either a Certificate III, vocational experience in events, or vocational experience in a field such as business, creative industries, hospitality, sport, or travel and tourism. However, none of these pathways are mandatory.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
If you have studied previously, or have work experience that relates directly to your course, you may be exempt from one or more course components through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). If you feel you may be eligible for RPL, the first step is to familiarise yourself with the Course Credit Policy & Procedure (Recognition of Prior Learning) and complete an Application for RPL Assessment.
A student is deemed competent when all relevant evidence is gathered. Upskilled is receptive to evidence gathered from a variety of sources including our own assessment processes. Upskilled assessment processes include:
- Recognition of Prior Learning/Credit Transfer
- Written/Oral Questions
- Written reports/Portfolio Assessments
- Scenarios/Case Studies
Regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates and attendance at classroom sessions/monthly webinars as required.