The Certificate IV in Programming delivers the knowledge individuals require to develop basic programming skills in the most commonly used programming languages. Participants who complete this qualification commonly find roles as assistant programmers within software development teams, or as support programmers to more senior programmers and systems analysts.
Sounds just like the course you're after? Speak with a career consultant to discover what it's like to study the Certificate IV in Programming (ICT40515) – send us an enquiry and we'll get in touch.
This program has been created with a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer developed materials. Vendor training is recognised internationally as an industry benchmark for product specific training. Upskilled uses an online Learning Management System to manage the delivery and assessment of learning resources. The program is conducted over a 12 month period through a blended learning approach of teacher-led workshops or webinars, distance education, and online materials.
- MTA: Developer – HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
- MTA: Developer – Software Development Fundamentals
- MTA: Database – Database Fundamentals
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014 – Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014; and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 Databases; and Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014
Vendor Neutral Courses
- Writing Research Papers
- Becoming a .NET Developer
- Windows Form Introduction
- Introduction to C# and .NET
- Object Orientated Programming Fundamentals in C#
- ADO.NET Fundamentals
- XML Essentials
- HTML5 From Scratch
- Practical HTML5
- Windows Azure Mobile Services
- Windows Server 2012: Technical Overview
- Windows Server 2012: Installation and Configuration
- Introduction to Copyright
- Ethics in Leadership
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- Developing Models for Software Design
- Object Orientated Design
- Introduction to Software Testing
- Automated Testing: End to End
- Introduction to Customer Service
- ITIL Foundations
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Database Concepts
- Introduction to SQL Server
* Vendor exams are not included in the Upskilled course
Pathways into the qualification
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- After achieving ICT30115 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology, or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICT30115 OR
- With demonstrated vocational experience in a range of programming-related work environments in software programming, application programming, web development, or similar
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Participants often come with experience in one or more ICT competencies, vocationally acquired from a range of sources (both formal and otherwise). Upskilled acknowledges the validity of such experience and encourages candidates to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning where applicable. Upskilled's RPL Calculator is a guide to initial RPL standing, although participants are sometimes entitled to further RPL as enrolment progresses.
Assessment is summative and formative with set assignments, project work and questionnaires.
Upskilled Information Technology courses include detailed learning materials, assessments, online trainer support and upon successful completion, certification for ICT40515 Certificate IV in Programming.
IT students also have access to the Lynda.com and Pluralsight.com online training library. These provide a comprehensive online video training library delivered by those in the industry. The content is accessible 24/7 so you can study and further your skills whenever it suits you.
This qualification utilises many and varied types of learning materials and assessments. These resources are managed and provided through Upskilled’s Learning Management System, MyUpskilled. Access to a Personal Computer and an internet connection is required to complete any Upskilled IT qualification.
The online e-Learning course addresses the following units of competency from the National ICT Information and Communications Technology Training Package. All competencies must be successfully completed to attain the certificate.
The program is broken into 4 logical clusters of training within the broad category of ICT systems: 1/ Core Infrastructure; 2/ Continuity & Security; 3/ Continuous Improvement; and 4/ Service Delivery & Governance
|ICTPRG406||Apply introductory object-oriented language skills|
|ICTPRG419||Analyse software requirements|
|ICTICT418||Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment|
|ICTPRG402||Apply query language|
|ICTPRG403||Develop data-driven applications|
|ICTPRG414||Apply introductory programming skills in another language|
|ICTPRG410||Build a user interface|
|ICTPRG415||Apply skills in object-oriented design|
|ICTPRG409||Develop mobile applications|
|ICTDBS403||Create basic databases|
|ICTICT420||Develop client user interface|
|ICTPRG527||Apply intermediate object-oriented language skills|
|ICTPRG418||Apply intermediate programming skills in another language|
|ICTPRG413||Use a library or pre-existing components|
|ICTICT408||Create technical documentation|
|ICTPRG427||Use XML effectively|
Depending on their choice of electives, participants can work in a number of junior programming roles. Selecting design or games development electives could equip an individual for digital, multimedia, or games programming; other electives could underpin a systems programmer role. Possible job titles include:
- Assistant Applications Programmer
- Assistant Programmer
- Assistant Software Developer
- Assistant Web Application Programmer
- Assistant Web Developer
This qualification covers the learning content for the following Vendor Certification:
MTA: HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
MTA: Software Development Fundamentals
MTA: Database Fundamentals
MCSA: SQL Server 2012
All recommended learning materials for these certifications are provided in this Upskilled Diploma, Microsoft Learning also recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product along with studying these materials.
Pathways from this qualification include:
* Vendor Certifications are current at the time of publishing but are subject to change.
Flexible Payment Options
Upskilled offers three flexible payment options for our students. Enquire now for more information on payment methods and government funding.
Save 15% ($580) when paying upfront through Upskilled.
Total course cost: $3,270
Interest free payments
No deposit, no interest to pay for 24 months with ZipMoney. Get started for just $38 a week.
Total course cost: $3,850