The Diploma of Information Technology Networking addresses skills and knowledge around the installation of a range of networks, including internetworking, security, and e-business integration. The qualification facilitates careers both as independent ICT specialists or integrated ICT team members.
Sounds just like the course you're after? Speak with a career consultant to discover what it's like to study the Diploma of Information Technology Networking (ICT50415) – send us an enquiry and we'll get in touch.
This program has been created with a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer developed materials. Vendor training is recognised internationally as an industry benchmark for product specific training. Upskilled uses an online Learning Management System to manage the delivery and assessment of learning resources. The program is conducted over a 12 month period through a blended learning approach of teacher-led workshops or webinars, distance education, and online materials.
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012 – Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012; and Administering Windows Server 2012; and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure – MCSA: Windows Server 2012; and Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
- MCSE: Productivity Solutions – MCSA: Windows Server 2012; and Core Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure – MCSA: Cloud Platform; and Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud
Vendor Neutral Courses
- ITIL Foundations
- Lynda.com – Windows Server
- Lynda.com – IT Security
- Lynda.com – Routing
- Lynda.com – Windows Server Power
- Lynda.com – ITIL Foundations
- Lynda.com – Researching
- Lynda.com – Project Management
- Lynda.com – Business Analysis
- Privacy, Ethics and Copyright
- Disaster Recovery
- Network Attached Storage
- SOHO Routers/Wireless
- IT Governance
* Vendor exams are not included in the Upskilled course
Pathways into the qualification
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- After achieving ICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking, or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICT40415 OR
- Demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments in senior network support roles, including administrator, operations analyst, technician, operations, or support coordinator/technician.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Participants often come with experience in one or more ICT competencies, vocationally acquired from a range of sources (both formal and otherwise). Upskilled acknowledges the validity of such experience and encourages candidates to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning where applicable. Upskilled's RPL Calculator is a guide to initial RPL standing, although participants are sometimes entitled to further RPL as enrolment progresses.
Assessment is summative and formative with set assignments, project work, and questionnaires.
Upskilled Information Technology courses include detailed learning materials, assessments, online trainer support and upon successful completion, certification for ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking.
IT students also have access to Pluralsight's online training library, a comprehensive online video training library delivered by those in the industry. The content is accessible 24/7 so you can study and further your skills whenever it suits you.
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification.
Students will be required to have regular access to a computer and internet access to complete this course.
This qualification utilises many and varied types of learning materials and assessments. These resources are managed and provided through Upskilled’s Learning Management System, MyUpskilled. Access to a Microsoft based Personal Computer and an internet connection is required to complete any Upskilled IT qualification that utilises Microsoft Academy Courses (listed above).
The online e-Learning course addresses the following units of competency from the National ICT Information and Communications Technology Training Package. All competencies must be successfully completed to attain the diploma.
The program is broken into 4 logical clusters of training within the broad category of ICT systems: 1/ Core Infrastructure; 2/ Continuity & Security; 3/ Continuous Improvement; and 4/ Service Delivery & Governance
|ICTSUS501||Implement server virtualisation for a sustainable ICT system|
|ICTTEN611||Produce an ICT network architecture design|
|ICTICT511||Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise|
|ICTNWK529||Install and manage complex ICT networks|
|ICTICT418||Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment|
|ICTNWK507||Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers|
|ICTNWK505||Design, build and test a network server|
|ICTNWK509||Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks|
|ICTNWK525||Configure an enterprise virtual computing environment|
|ICTSAS505||Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans|
|ICTNWK508||Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise switches|
|ICTNWK527||Manage an enterprise virtual computing environment|
|ICTNWK524||Install and configure network access storage devices|
|ICTNWK513||Manage system security|
|ICTNWK535||Install an enterprise virtual computing environment|
|ICTNWK511||Manage network security|
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Network Administrator
- IT Administrator
- IT Operations Administrator
- Network Services Administrator
- Network Support Coordinator
- Network Operations Analyst
- Network Security Coordinator
- Network e-Business Coordinator
Microsoft Certification Mapping
This qualification covers the Microsoft learning content for the following Certifications:
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012
- MCSE: Server Infrastructure
- MCSE: Messaging
- MCSE: Private Cloud
- ITIL Foundations
All recommended learning materials for these certifications are provided in this Upskilled Diploma, Microsoft Learning also recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product along with studying these materials.
Pathways from the qualification:
ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Network Security; a range of other ICT Advanced Diploma or Vocational Graduate Certificate qualifications; or other relevant higher education sector qualifications.
For information about Pathways to University, click here.
* Vendor Certifications are current at the time of publishing but are subject to change as these are managed by external organisations to Upskilled.
Flexible Payment Options
Upskilled offers three flexible payment options for our students. Enquire now for more information on payment methods and government funding.
Save 15% ($675) when paying upfront through Upskilled.
Total course cost: $3,825
Interest free payments
No deposit, no interest to pay for 24 months with ZipMoney. Get started for just $44 a week.
Total course cost: $4,500