The Advanced Diploma of Leadership & Management is ideal for those looking to take their career to the next level, and is designed for managers who are either currently in, or progressing towards a strategic leadership role with managerial responsibilities on a daily basis.
Sounds just like the course you're after? Speak with a career consultant to discover what it's like to study the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB61015) – send us an enquiry and we'll get in touch.
The Advanced Diploma of Leadership & Management is focused on developing your ability to respond to emerging business opportunities, manage organisational change, and creating and implement comprehensive strategic plans.
- Develop the entrepreneurial skills needed for success in competitive markets
- Learn to create and implement strategic and business plans
- Gain knowledge of financial and information management processes
The Advanced Diploma of Leadership & Management is delivered by expert trainers in one of three delivery methods: online, classroom, or blended.
The online training program is our most popular delivery method and provides access to a fully customised e-learning environment, MyUpskilled. MyUpskilled includes powerpoint resources, reading materials, discussion boards, forums, access to assessments, resources, videos (including access to the Lynda.com video training library) and blogs. The course is conducted over a 12 month period with one unit of competency expected to be completed each month.
Classroom and Blended delivery formats are also available, but subject to minimum numbers. Please contact our Education managers to find out more about our face-to-face options.
Online Learning offers participants a unique combination of e-learning methodologies that are fully supported and highly integrated:
- Study when it suits – with no set class timetable, you can study when and where you like, tailoring your education to suit lifestyle, family, and employment commitments
- Personal support – you'll be guided through your studies via an interactive, web-based educational experience. Our participants receive the same high level of support as an on-campus student, maximising chances of success
- Structured learning – regular timed intakes mean you can look forward to a structured learning environment. This ensures continuous progression via the benefits of flexible Online Learning
- Full access to resources – detailed course materials, student email, forums, live chat, recorded lectures, quizzes and assessments, links to external resource materials and videos.
- Access to Upskilled's Student Rewards Program
- Unlimited access to world leading video training provider Lynda.com
This course is delivered online over a duration of 12-18 months.
This qualification is suited to participants who possess a sufficient grasp of the English language, and appropriate attitude and motivation to enable them to undertake the demands of a Diploma level qualification including these entry requirements:
- English language proficiency (Year 12 English or equivalent); OR
- Obtain a Diploma level qualification, OR
- Demonstrate appropriate academic standing or workplace experience for the chosen qualification
Students will be required to have regular access to a computer and internet access to complete this course.
All students will be provided with a relevant textbook: Cole, Kris. (2012) Management, Theory & Practice 4th Edition Pearson Australia.
A student is deemed competent when all relevant evidence is gathered. Upskilled is receptive to evidence gathered from a variety of sources including our own assessment processes. Upskilled assessment processes include:
- Recognition of Prior Learning/Credit Transfer
- Written/Oral Questions
- Written reports/Portfolio Assessments
- Scenarios/Case Studies
Regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates and attendance at classroom sessions/monthly webinars as required.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is available for each unit of competency based on relevant workplace experience, formal training, or other expertise. To apply for RPL, please submit documentation in portfolio form for evaluation by Upskilled assessors.
The Advanced Diploma of Leadership & Management consists of 12 Units of Competency, as identified in the Business Services Training Package. All units must be successfully completed to attain the diploma. Below is an outline of the subjects included. For a full breakdown of all Units of Competency please contact our Education Managers.
|BSBMGT617||Develop and implement a business plan|
|BSBMGT605||Provide leadership across the organisation|
|BSBINN601||Lead and manage organisational change|
|ICTICT606||Develop communities of practice|
|BSBCUE604||Develop and maintain a service level strategy|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
|PSPGOV602B||Establish and maintain strategic networks|
|BSBINM601||Manage knowledge and information|
|BSBMGT616||Develop and implement strategic plans|
|BSBMGT608||Manage innovation and continuous improvement|
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have senior or managerial responsibilities. They may oversee the work of others, or perform specialised roles in which they do not supervise others but provide strategic leadership.
- Area Manager
- Department Manager
- Regional Manager
For information about Pathways to University, click here.
This qualification is an established pathway for degree-level studies.
The further study pathways available to learners who undertake this qualification include BSB80215 Graduate Diploma of Strategic Leadership or BSB80315 Graduate Certificate in Leadership Diversity or other Graduate Certificate level qualifications.
Flexible Payment Options
Upskilled offers three flexible payment options for our students. Enquire now for more information on payment methods and government funding.
Save 15% ($952.50) when paying upfront through Upskilled.
Total course cost: $5,397.50
Interest free payments
No deposit, no interest to pay for 24 months with ZipMoney. Get started for just $62 a week.
Total course cost: $6,350
This course is eligible for Smart & Skilled (NSW) funding. Enquire now to find out if you're eligible.