The Diploma of Project Management is delivered by expert trainers in one of three delivery methods: online, classroom, or blended.
The online training program is our most popular delivery method and provides access to a fully customised e-learning environment, MyUpskilled. MyUpskilled includes powerpoint resources, reading materials, discussion boards, forums, access to assessments, resources, videos (including access to the Lynda.com video training library) and blogs. The course is conducted over a 12 month period with one unit of competency expected to be completed each month.
Classroom and Blended delivery formats are also available, but subject to minimum numbers. Please contact our Education managers to find out more about our face-to-face options.
All students will be provided with a relevant textbook: Pearson, Neil. Larsen, E.W., Gray, C.F. (2013), Project management in practice: A complete course for BSB41513 and BSB51413, McGraw Hill Australia and Smallprint Learner Guides for the units that are not covered by this text which include: BSBWOR501B, BSBWOR502B, BSBMGT502B, BSBADM502B.
- Access to fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Access to the Student Support Services (Helpdesk) where students can receive support and assistance in the use of the LMS as well as any administration enquiries
- Regular contact with their trainer via email, telephone and/or LMS communication tools
- Trainer/Student Messaging System
- Unlimited access to world leading video training provider Lynda.com
- Access to Upskilled's Student Rewards Program
There are no formal prerequisites for this qualification, however, individuals wishing to enrol in the Diploma of Project Management are typically required to meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Hold a Certificate IV in Project Management Practice [BSB41513] or other relevant qualification
- Provide evidence of competency in a majority of units required for the Certificate IV in Project Management Practice or other relevant qualification
- In the absence of a formal project management qualification, have extensive vocational experience in project roles that entail at least limited responsibility for the output of others.
When applying for VET FEE-HELP, you will be required to either provide a copy of your Year 12 senior secondary certificate of education or complete a language literacy and numeracy task to ensure that the level of qualification you have selected is appropriate for your study needs.
If you are applying for VET FEE-HELP assistance there are specific eligibility requirements that you must meet, please view our VET FEE-HELP page for more information.
Students will be required to have regular access to a computer and internet access to complete this course.
Recognition Of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is available for each Unit of Competency based on relevant workplace experience, formal training, or other expertise. To apply for RPL, please submit documentation in portfolio form for evaluation by Upskilled assessors.
A student is deemed competent when all relevant evidence is gathered. Upskilled is receptive to evidence gathered from a variety of sources including our own assessment processes.
Upskilled assessment processes include:
- Recognition of Prior Learning/Credit Transfer
- Written/Oral Questions
- Written reports/Portfolio Assessments
- Scenarios/Case Studies
Regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates and attendance at classroom sessions/monthly webinars as required.