Over a 12 month period, students will be trained in areas of team development and innovation, implementing customer service strategies and operational plans, and fulfilling customer needs. This qualification is best suited for those with leadership aspirations in the organisational frontline of a business, particularly team-based environments such as those commonly encountered in contact centre situations.
The standard course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
There are no entry requirements listed in the training package for this qualification.
The target participants in the BSB40315 - Certificate IV in Customer Engagement qualification may be working in a position in a customer service environment, or similar.
As a guide, entrants to this program may:
- have completed year 12 in compulsory education
- hold a certificate II or III in a similar discipline
- have some work history in an associated field
- complete an interview process with a designated Upskilled representative to ascertain suitability to the program and to review your current skills and experience, as this may allow you to move through the course more quickly
This qualification reflects the role of individuals with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who undertake complex customer interactions, often as a team leader and with significant authority to delegate.
Duties at this level are varied and may include responding to complex customer requests handling complaints, coaching staff and completing related administrative tasks.
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills, and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.