Students will be able to dive into the creative and technical process of building and designing websites and databases. On top of programming-related knowledge, individuals will also be trained to identify clientele needs along with researching and making use of emerging web trends. Qualified individuals find employment opportunities in roles (either independently or as part of a team) such as a web developer, web programmer, website manager, and more.
This course uses a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer-developed materials.
The standard course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
||Vendor Neutral Courses
- MTA: Database – Database Fundamentals
- MTA: Developer – HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
- MCSA: SQL Server – Querying Microsoft SQL Server; and Administering Microsoft SQL Server Databases; and Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server
- MCSD: App Builder – MCSA: Web Applications; and Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- ITIL Foundations
- Privacy, Ethics & Copyright
- Business Needs
- Disaster Recovery
- IT Governance
* Vendor exams are not included in the Upskilled course
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.