This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to coordinate and administer, as an independent information and communications technology (ICT) specialist or as part of a team, the installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance of a range of networks, enterprise servers and systems, including internetworking, security and e-business solutions.
Sounds just like the course you're after? Speak with a career consultant to discover what it's like to study the Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems Technology (ICT60515) – send us an enquiry and we'll get in touch.
This program has been created with a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer developed materials. Vendor training is recognised internationally as an industry benchmark for product specific training. Upskilled uses an online Learning Management System to manage the delivery and assessment of learning resources. The program is conducted over a 12 month period through a blended learning approach of teacher-led workshops or webinars, distance education, and online materials.
- MTA: Developer - HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
- MTA: Developer - Software Development Fundamentals
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012 – Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012; and Administering Windows Server 2012; and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure – Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure – MCSA: Cloud Platform; and Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud
Vendor Neutral Courses
- Project Management
- ITIL Foundations
- Privacy, Ethics and Copyright
- Business Needs
- SOHO Routers/Wireless
* Vendor exams are not included in the Upskilled course
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however the preferred pathway for candidates include:
- Successful completion of ICT41015 Certificate IV in Computer Systems Technology, or other relevant qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICA41011 OR
- Demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments in senior network support roles, including administrator, operations analyst, technician, operations or support coordinator/technician.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Participants often come with experience in one or more ICT competencies, vocationally acquired from a range of sources (both formal and otherwise). Upskilled acknowledges the validity of such experience and encourages candidates to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning where applicable. Upskilled's RPL Calculator is a guide to initial RPL standing, although participants are sometimes entitled to further RPL as enrolment progresses.
Assessment is summative and formative with set assignments, project work, and questionnaires.
Upskilled Information Technology courses include detailed learning materials, assessments, online trainer support and upon successful completion, certification for ICT60515 Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems Technology.
IT students also have access to Pluralsight's online training library, a comprehensive online video training library delivered by those in the industry. The content is accessible 24/7 so you can study and further your skills whenever it suits you.
This qualification utilises many and varied types of learning materials and assessments. These resources are managed and provided through Upskilled’s Learning Management System, MyUpskilled. Access to a Microsoft based Personal Computer and an internet connection is required to complete any Upskilled IT qualification that utilises Microsoft Academy Courses (listed above).
The online e-Learning course addresses the following units of competency from the National ICT Information and Communications Technology Training Package. All competencies must be successfully completed to attain the diploma.
The program is broken into 4 logical clusters of training within the broad category of ICT systems: 1/ Core Infrastructure; 2/ Continuity & Security; 3/ Continuous Improvement; and 4/ Service Delivery & Governance
|ICTWEB502||Create dynamic web pages|
|ICTNWK602||Plan, configure and test advanced server based security|
|ICTPMG608||Manage ICT project systems implementation|
|ICTNWK529||Install and manage complex ICT networks|
|ICTNWK507||Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers|
|ICTWEB501||Build a dynamic website|
|ICTNWK509||Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks|
|ICTNWK607||Design and implement wireless network security|
|ICTPRG527||Apply intermediate object-oriented language skills|
|ICTNWK506||Configure, verify and troubleshoot WAN links and IP services in a medium enterprise network|
|ICTNWK508||Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise switches|
|ICTPMG609||Plan and direct complex ICT projects|
|ICTNWK525||Configure an enterprise virtual computing environment|
|ICTNWK527||Manage an enterprise virtual computing environment|
|BSBINN601||Lead and manage organisational change|
|ICTICT608||Interact with clients on a business level|
|ICTNWK535||Install an enterprise virtual computing environment|
|ICTSAS601||Implement change-management processes|
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- network administrator or coordinator
- network engineer
- enterprise systems administrator
- systems developer
- IT administrator or coordinator
- IT operations administrator or coordinator
- network services administrator or coordinator
- administrator or coordinator network support
- network operations analyst
- administrator or coordinator network security
- administrator or coordinator network e-business.
Microsoft Certification Mapping
This qualification covers the Microsoft learning content for the following Certification:
MTA: HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
MTA: Software Development Fundamentals
MCSA: Windows Server 2012
MCSE: Server Infrastructure
MCSE: Private Cloud
All recommended learning materials for these certifications are provided in this Upskilled Diploma, Microsoft Learning also recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product along with studying these materials.
Pathways from the qualification
ICT Graduate Certificate qualifications or other relevant higher education sector qualifications.
For information about Pathways to University, click here.
* Vendor Certifications are current at the time of publishing but are subject to change as these are managed by external organisations to Upskilled.
Flexible Payment Options
Upskilled offers three flexible payment options for our students. Enquire now for more information on payment methods and government funding.
Save 15% ($952.50) when paying upfront through Upskilled.
Total course cost: $5,397.50
Interest free payments
No deposit, no interest to pay for 24 months with ZipMoney. Get started for just $62 a week.
Total course cost: $6,350
No government funding available